Working To Make Democracy Work!
Facts for Voters 2014 Learn More
- These facts for voters are compiled by the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County, Virginia. Printed copies are available at the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library branches in the towns; the office of the registrar at the Government Services Building, Christiansburg; town government offices; and at many businesses throughout the community. You may also request a copy from the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County. Send the request to LWVMC, PO Box 10133, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0133.
Follow the links at the left of the "Facts" page to get information on national, state, county, school, and town governments.
Stop Gerrymandering! Learn More
- Celebrate the launch of OneVirginia 2021 July 17, 2014, 5:30 pm
Christiansburg Branch, Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library
125 Sheltman Street
OneVirginia 2021: Fair Redistricting Learn More
- OneVirginia2021 is pursuing a non-partisan redistricting process.
Read Redistricting for more information on the importance of redistricting and the consequences of gerrymandering.
Prisoner Release Services: Overview, Jobs, and Housing Learn More
- Learn about the support and challenges in the New River Valley of prisoners being transitioned into the community, ask questions and find out what we can do to help. All are welcome. See the attached poster for more information.
Mary Houska honored by state-level LWV Learn More
- Mary Houska was honored by the State level of the League of Women Voters for her work to keep all voters in our community educated and informed, increasing our community's understanding of the effects of public policy issues. The award was presented at the annual Making Democracy Work spring awards event held at Richmond, Saturday, March 22.
Positions for Action Learn More
- Montgomery County positions for action
Studies by LWV-MC Learn More
- A recently completed study on the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) has led to recommendations for positions and action. A new study on the impacts of growth in Montgomery County is beginning.
Election Information Learn More
- The League of Women Voters offers a nonpartisan election resource that has a great deal of information about almost all of the elections.
Another state resource is Vote411.org.
Bulletin Archives Learn More
- Bulletin Archives
News Archives Learn More
- Review the past year's activities.
By-laws Learn More
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization? Please complete a form and mail it to the league.