Facts for Voters 2015 Learn More
- These facts for voters are compiled by the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County, Virginia. Printed copies are available at the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library branches in the towns; the office of the registrar at the Government Services Building, Christiansburg; town government offices; and at many businesses throughout the community. You may also request a copy from the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County. Send the request to LWVMC, PO Box 10133, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0133.
Follow the links at the left of the "Facts" page to get information on national, state, county, school, and town governments.
Great Decisions 2016 Learn More
- The community discussion group on world affairs, "Great Decisions," will meet for 8 weeks beginning February 10. The meeting place is the German Club (Southgate Drive). The League of Women Voters has partnered with the Lifelong Learning Institute at Virginia Tech to offer the program. Participation is free, but participants must join LLI ($20). Registration begins January 6 at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/lifelonglearning/
Nonpartisan Redistricting Initiatives Learn More
- What is gerrymandering? Can nonpartisan redistricting end political gridlock?
Read Redistricting, by Gibson and Scoble, for more information on the importance of redistricting and the consequences of gerrymandering.
One Virginia 2021 is pursuing a nonpartisan redistricting process for Virginia.
See the text of the redistricting lawsuit filed in Richmond 2015 with some LWV members as plaintiffs.
See a video of the January 26 panel on redistricting, featuring Dwayne Yancey, Jim Shuler, William H. Fralin, Jr., and Jason Kelly.
Studies: LWV-MC, LWV-VA Learn More
- The Montgomery County League has approved a study on the funding of government responsibilities in Montgomery County. A study of the Freedom of Information Act was completed in 2014. Local members may participate in a new statewide study of the impact of fracking in Virginia.
Fracking in Virginia Learn More
- The Virginia League is initiating a two-year study of fracking in Virginia.
Positions for Action Learn More
- Montgomery County positions for action
Election Information Learn More
- The League of Women Voters offers a nonpartisan election resource that has a great deal of information about almost all of the elections.
Voter Guide, General Election 2015
Virginia Department of Elections
Voter Registration Learn More
- The Virginia Department of Elections explains who is eligible to vote in Virginia and how to register.
Voter ID law in VA Learn More
- State Board of Elections changes the rules on what is a "valid" Photo ID. IDs that have expired more than 12 months ago will not be accepted.
Bulletin Archives Learn More
- Bulletin Archives
News Archives Learn More
- Review the past year's activities.
Elections, Archives Learn More
- voter guides and videos of candidate forums from completed elections
By-laws Learn More
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization? Please complete a form and mail it to the league.