Working To Make Democracy Work!
Serving the people of Montgomery County, Virginia
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization of women and men that encourages informed and active participation in government. It works to increase understanding of major public policy issues and influences public policy through education and advocacy. It does not support or endorse any political party or candidate.
See our 2016-17 Year in Review.
Annual Meeting and Banquet, May 9, 6 pm, Warm Hearth Village Center. Make your reservations by May 2 by mailing your check for $20/person to Julia Lewis, 1173 Oakland Square, Blacksburg, VA 24060
About the League Learn More
- Who we are and what we do
Annual Meeting and Banquet May 9, 2018 Learn More
- Our annual meeting and banquet will feature speaker Carol Noggle, chair of the LWV-VA task force on school choice.
Programs Learn More
- upcoming public events and initiatives
Voter Education Learn More
- Election information, voter registration, resources
Great Decisions 2018 Learn More
- The community discussion group on foreign affairs will meet for 8 sessions on Wednesdays at 11 am, beginning January 31.
Facts for Residents 2018 Learn More
- These facts for residents are compiled by the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County, Virginia. Printed copies are available at the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library branches in the towns; the office of the registrar at the Government Services Building, Christiansburg; town government offices; and at many businesses throughout the community. You may also request a copy from the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County. Send the request to LWVMC, PO Box 10133, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0133.
Follow the links at the left of the "Facts" page to get information on national, state, county, school, and town governments.
Action and Advocacy Learn More
- LWVMC initiatives, such as redistricting events, and positions for action
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization? Please complete a membership form and mail it to the league.