Working To Make Democracy Work!
Voter Guide 2014 Learn More
- In addition to voting for an amendment to the Virginia Constitution, 2014 Montgomery County voters will be voting for a candidate to represent Virginia in the U. S. Senate and a candidate for the 9th Congressional District. In addition, voters from the Town of Christiansburg will vote for candidates for a seat on Town Council.
Election Information Learn More
- The League of Women Voters offers a nonpartisan election resource that has a great deal of information about almost all of the elections.
Virginia Department of Elections
Voter Registration Learn More
- The Virginia Department of Elections explains who is eligible to vote in Virginia and how to register.
Next election: November 4, 2014
Registration deadline: October 14, 2014
Voter ID law in VA Learn More
- State Board of Elections changes the rules on what is a "valid" Photo ID. IDs that have expired more than 12 months ago will not be accepted.
Facts for Voters 2014 Learn More
- These facts for voters are compiled by the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County, Virginia. Printed copies are available at the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library branches in the towns; the office of the registrar at the Government Services Building, Christiansburg; town government offices; and at many businesses throughout the community. You may also request a copy from the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County. Send the request to LWVMC, PO Box 10133, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0133.
Follow the links at the left of the "Facts" page to get information on national, state, county, school, and town governments.
Nonpartisan Redistricting Initiatives Learn More
- Two groups are pursuing a nonpartisan redistricting process for Virginia:
One Virginia 2021 and
Fix the Districts
Read Redistricting, by Gibson and Scoble, for more information on the importance of redistricting and the consequences of gerrymandering.
Mary Houska honored by state-level LWV Learn More
- Mary Houska was honored by the State level of the League of Women Voters for her work to keep all voters in our community educated and informed, increasing our community's understanding of the effects of public policy issues. The award was presented at the annual Making Democracy Work spring awards event held at Richmond, Saturday, March 22.
Positions for Action Learn More
- Montgomery County positions for action
Studies by LWV-MC Learn More
- A recently completed study on the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) has led to recommendations for positions and action. A new study on the impacts of growth in Montgomery County is beginning.
Bulletin Archives Learn More
- Bulletin Archives
News Archives Learn More
- Review the past year's activities.
By-laws Learn More
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization? Please complete a form and mail it to the league.