Annual Meeting and Banquet May 9, 2018
Our annual meeting and banquet will feature speaker Carol Noggle, chair of the LWV-VA task force on school choice.
Annual meeting features Carol Noggle, speaker
At our annual meeting, Carol Noggle will present findings from the Task Force on School Choice. The current LWV-VA position on public education does not address charter schools and their authorization through the Virginia Code. The issue is timely as some proposals have been presented to the legislature to use public money for private schools.
Carol Noggle has held multiple leadership positions with the League of Women Voters in Virginia.
She served as the LWV-VA Legislative Coordinator at the General Assembly from 2011 through 2017 and continues part time in that role.
- Currently, she co-chairs the LWV-VA School Choice Task Force that is researching the funding and parameters of Virginia's school choice options.
- She chaired the Prince William Area Members At Large Unit from July 2011 to July 2013, then served as President until 2017 after its conversion from MAL status. Now she is the Voter Services Director in LWV-PWA.
Following the banquet and speaker, we will consider these business items:
- election of board members and the nominating committee members
- additions to the bylaws to conform with LWV guidelines
- proposed local study on funding of schools in Montgomery County
- proposed budget for 2018-19
Please refer to the most recent bulletinfor details on the items we will consider. If you no longer have your copy, you may download it here
Details of the meeting and reservations
Wednesday, May 9
Warm Hearth Village Center, 2387 Warm Hearth Drive, Blacksburg, VA
6:00 social period with cash bar
Please make your check to LWVMC ($20/person) and send it by May 2 to
1173 Oakland Square
Blacksburg VA 24060