Working To Make Democracy Work!
Serving the people of Montgomery County, Virginia
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization of women and men that encourages informed and active participation in government. It works to increase understanding of major public policy issues and influences public policy through education and advocacy. It does not support or endorse any political party or candidate.
See our 2016-17 Year in Review.
House of Delegates
School Board; Note that the guide includes only the contested election in District C; however, incumbents in District A (Gunin Kiran) and District D (Jamie Bond) are running unopposed.
Video, House of Delegates forum, October 5
Video, Town of Blacksburg Mayor and Town Council candidate forum, October 12
Video, Town of Christiansburg Mayor and Town Council candidate forum, October 18
Video from Panel and Discussion: Who Gets to Vote? Sept. 27, 2017
Candidates for House of Delegates in Districts 7, 8, and 12 participate in a forum October 5.
About the League Learn More
- Who we are and what we do
Programs Learn More
- upcoming public events and initiatives
Voter Education Learn More
- Election information, voter registration, resources
Facts for Residents 2017 Learn More
- These facts for residents are compiled by the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County, Virginia. Printed copies are available at the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library branches in the towns; the office of the registrar at the Government Services Building, Christiansburg; town government offices; and at many businesses throughout the community. You may also request a copy from the League of Women Voters of Montgomery County. Send the request to LWVMC, PO Box 10133, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0133.
Follow the links at the left of the "Facts" page to get information on national, state, county, school, and town governments.
Action and Advocacy Learn More
- LWVMC initiatives, such as redistricting events, and positions for action
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
Join the League Learn More
- Why and how can you join our grassroots organization? Please complete a membership form and mail it to the league.